Sherwood Forest

Robyn to the Rescue!

Monday, May 02, 2005

Robyn Hode draws Garry Kasparov!

So I'm minding my own business, reading the paper when who knocks at the door? Garry Kasparov! He "misses" chess, he claims. "Hah!" I say, "you shouldn't have quit then." But he begins to badger me, "C'mon RH, let's play a game, da?" Unable to think of an excuse, I reluctantly agree. So anyway, to make a long story short, I drew him! Ho hum...Here's the game:

RH (W) vs Garry Kasparov (B)

1 e4 e5 2 d4 ("let's take the patzer out of a prepared variation" I think) exd4 (as Garry mutters under his breath, "ack, the center game, he thinks he's Morozovich!") 3 c3!? ("feel like a Danish with your breakfast Garry?" I taunt him) dxc3 (gritting his teeth, Gary accepts the challenge declining the sedate 3...d5) 4 Bc4 ("another, mon ami...to make your sore head feel better?" I ask him, none too subtely) 4...cxb2 ("da!" he barks) 5 Bxb2 (And now Garry starts to sweat! He can't remember the lines, he's so used to playing Sicilians! First he reaches for his Queen, almost touching it..."Hey Garry, remember when you touched that piece against Judit and....". "Nyet! I did not touch it!" he hotly interupts and then quickly grabs the bishop...) Bb4+ ("Patzer sees check, patzer...want to finish it for me Gar?") 6 Kf1 (Garry has now reached a boiling point, he asks to go to his car for a minute. Knowing his laptop, with Chessbase 9, awaits him, I say "Garry, stay and play, finish the game, or are you....afraid?" Thouroughly unraveled by now, he quickly retreats the bishop) Bf8 (And I say to myself, "It's been a long couple weeks for poor Garry, he loses his last game to Topalov, retires from chess, decides to go into politics, gets wacked on the head with a chess set by a Putin crony. Ah, I'll let him off easy and go for the perpetual. No need to rub it in!") 7 Bxf7+! Kxf7 8 Qh5+ Ke7 9 Qe5+ Kf7 10 Qh5+ Ke7 11 Qe5+ Kf7 12 Qh5+ draw

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Fragile Kitty said...

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home