Sherwood Forest

Robyn to the Rescue!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Political Magazines and ....

Political Magazines

As I mentioned earlier, I subscribe to three magazines--The Nation, National Review, and The American Conservative. I've now had time to read four issues of The American Conservative, two issues of National Review and one issue of The Nation.

The Nation is liberal, how far liberal? Well if 1 is ultra liberal and 10 is ultra conservative then The Nation is about a 4. National Review is a neo-con magazine, although it is not the flagship magazine of neo-cons (the would be The Weekly Standard), its articles still advance the neo-con agenda. On my political chart, I would place it at about a 8. The American Conservative is Pat Buchanan's magazine. It pretty much follows the Libertarian line. I'd give it about a 7.

All three have interesting articles. The American Conservative is a smaller magazine than the other two. Only about 35 pages an issue, bi-montly. National Review usually has about 60-70 pages and also has an excellent website. There are some very good columnists at NR. My favorite is Mark Steyn. He's a full-bore neo-con. Unrepentant and consistent. The Nation is good reading when you get tired of the same political arguments in the other two magazines. It's about the same size as NR, but with longer articles.

I enjoy all three magazines. More later...

...

And finally, you may want to go to my other blog sites for some personal info...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home